Making different sounds, tones, and rhythms blend together into a symphony of music can seem impossible. Many musicians and artists speak about waiting for a muse, or inspiration, to appear and help in the creation process. Serious and professional musicians don’t wait for a muse, they go find it. But where could that muse, that inspiration, be hiding?
- On a nature walk- The rhythm of a bird chirping, the sounds of walking on grass, and the words to describe a cloud bank above the trees are all places inspirations hides.
- The kitchen- Making a favorite recipe uses all five senses and heightens them to levels normally dulled by hunger pains.
- The shower- A perfect place with no distractions and comforting white noise help bring the muse out of hiding.
- Foreign language audio recordings- Different languages speak with an unfamiliar cadence, inspiring new beats and tones.
- A train station- Sounds of the daily commute inspire new harmonies and lyrics.
- Humor websites-Songs can be seen as short stories. What are social media status and texts? Short stories waiting to be set to music.
Still bored? Click to continue: Adam Reverie – Muses In a Reverie EP